1. That yarn in the photo above? That is some Pigeonroof handspun that I received as a gift from Megan. Thanks again, M! Lovely stuff! And perfect for a quick mindless project that will help to soothe me so I can sleep at night. Now here’s my question: what do I knit with it? Should I knit myself a Thorpe? Or some rustic mittens like these beauties? Or yet another cowl, like maybe another Gloria? If I had enough yardage, I would knit myself some legwarmers like these, because seriously, I LOVE them. Gah! I can’t think. Please help me pick a project and cast your vote in the poll on the sidebar. The yarn is a light worsted/dk, and the yardage is about 170 yards, enough for any of the projects I’m considering.
2. Speaking of projects, I went to A Good Yarn in Brookline (LOVE!!!!) over the weekend with some friends and got the yarn(s) I needed for presents to knit. I may have already cast on for one of these gifts-to-be. Unfortunately, I can’t share any of the glorious details until after the holidays because intended recipients know about the blog. I am not sure if and when they read it, but better not to take that chance. In other news, apparently, I have a huge mouth and cannot keep secrets.
3. Thank crunchy I am not a dj because my opinion seems to have been way off on the Twilight soundtrack. I still think that the music was boring and underwhelming, but I was totally wrong about the kids. The kids – they love it. I just don’t understand how. The exceptions to the suckage I thought were Radiohead, who can do no wrong as far as I am concerned, and Paramore, that thanks to the A.D.D. Knitter I looked up on last fm and now totally comprehend why the tweens love it. I would love them too were I 12. I might kinda love them now. Gah, I should be so ashamed of my last fm library… but I’m not.
4. Speaking of Twilight, move over Bella and Edward. I am so over them and so into Eli and Oskar of Let the Right One In. If you get a chance to see this, go… now! If not, Netflix it. You will love it. Besides the gorgeous cinematography, great acting, and a compelling story, there are several moments of hilarity (not sure if they were intentional or not) that only a good vampire movie can provide. It was (genuinely) awesome.
5. I am so happy that ’tis the season for peppermint hot chocolate. Yeah, random, but true.
6. I am going to be away from the computer for the next week because I still have a ton of stuff to finish for Baz Biz. I’ll be back some time next week and hopefully have a finished knit or two to show for myself. In the meanwhile, hope your holiday season is off to a happy and peaceful start. See you folks soon!